The Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is open to any man that wants great barbecued food and Christian fellowship with a Bible Study. If you are a man 21 years of age or older, then come and join us in the fun at the Heidt home. The group has been meeting since April, and continues to find new and interesting things to do, eat, and discuss. The following explains what is in store for this Men’s group from September through January.
- The September Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is September 15th (third Thursday) from 6:30pm – 9pmat the Heidt home. The BBQ is “Hawaiian Loco Moco” (think grilled hamburgers with extras) and Cory’s BBQ Corn on the Cob (Cory Johnson’s specialty). (We may even grill some watermelon or peaches if someone brings them.) Men, all you need to bring is an appetizer, summer salad (leaf type, fruit, veggie, or macaroni), veggie dish, or dessert; and your Bible. The meat, beverages, plates, cups, and utensils are provided. The Bible Study is on “Quiet Strength – What’s my strength?”, and is led by Lee Chockley. The BBQ & Bible Study also includes time to get to know other men, sports talk, trivia, jokes, and more.
- The October Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is October 20th (third Thursday) from 6:30pm – 9pm at the Heidt home. Think Oktoberfest BBQ with NO oompah dancing! The BBQ is “Beer Brats”. Men, all you need to bring is an appetizer, fall salad (German Potato, fruit or veggie), October style veggie dish, ordessert; and your Bible. The meat, beverages, plates, cups, and utensils are provided. The Bible Study is on “Quiet Strength – What’s my success?”, and is again led by Lee Chockley. This BBQ & Bible Study has an Oktoberfest flair that you won’t want to miss!
- The November Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is on November 10th (second Thursday) and will be an evening Service Project in Denver or Brighton. This evening Service Project will be finalized in September, and the men are already discussing where to do it. We will try to find a BBQ joint to try for supper.
- The December Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is “party time” with the men’s families or dates, and include a BBQ /Dessert gathering (to be determined in October). There will also be a “minimal cost white elephant gift exchange” – so bring that gift from previous Christmases that you never wanted or find something that you would never get for yourself to bring. The Bible Study will be Christmas themed. This Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is December 8th (second Thursday) from 6:30pm – 9pm at the Heidt home and is welcome to all family members or dates.
- The January 2017 Men’s BBQ & Bible Study is January 12th (second Thursday) from 6:30pm – 9pm at the Heidt home. We are looking for something unique or fun to grill in January. The Bible Study, led by Lee Chockley will be on “Quiet Strength – Where’s my security?” This promises to be an interesting discussion, especially after the beginning of the New Year!
For more information about the Men’s BBQ & Bible Study and directions to the Heidt home call Mark at: 303-655-0167. Remember, it is free to join and you can join at any time. We, the present men of the Men’s BBQ & Bible Study, would like you to be part of this exciting group. MEN, come enjoy some fellowship with other men and have some FUN!!!