Sunday, May 4 in the Fellowship Hall at Noon. Lunch will be served.
We are very pleased with the acceptance of Pastor Christians call, however there is still a lot of work to be done. Gala-tians 6:10 “So then, as we have opportunity, let us do good to everyone, and especially to those who are of the house-hold of faith.” Zion will be presenting the annual Mission and Ministry Program (Budget) that will have some challeng-es in it this year. Our faith and love will lead us to fulfill all of the challenges ahead. Leviticus 27:30 “Every tithe of the land, whether of the seed of the land or of the fruit of the trees, is the Lord’s; it is holy to the Lord.” Please plan on at-tending as we move into a new and exciting Ministry at Zion, for the first time in three years we have nominee’s for our Board of Stewardship. This is most certainly a sign of good things to come. Our Lord Jesus Christ gave His own life so that we have life to serve him in every way. Acts 20:35 “In all things I have shown you that by working hard in this way we must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
Zion’s annual Voter’s Meeting to review and approve our Ministry Plan (i.e. budget) for the coming year is on Sunday May 4 at 12pm. Your Parish Council struggled to develop a budget that balances the needs of our Church and School with our revenue forecast.
Here are some of the Ministry Plan highlights:
- An anticipated 1.5% decrease in tithing ($8K) revenue
- Tithing has decreased, on average, 3.5% per year for the past five years.
- $85K in additional tuition revenue
- $94K in additional cost for an additional pastoral position. The voters in February 2014 Special Voter’s Meeting, requested an additional pastoral position be placed in the Ministry Plan.
- A minimum 3% increase in wages for all of our staff
- Our staff has received only one raise (3%) in the last five years.
- Additionally, our salaried day school staff is “5 steps” off the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod Rocky Mountain District salary schedule. The proposed Ministry Plan provides for a “3 step” increase to begin to make up this gap.
- A decrease of our Rocky Mountain District contributions from 7.5% to 5% of tithing
- $6K increased cost associated with providing child care during Church and Bible Study
The projected budget shortfall with all of these changes is $126K. However, this deficit is not insurmountable. The budget shortfall could be erased if our 250 tithing members committed to give an additional $10 per week.
Please plan on attending the Voter’s Meeting as the choices we make will affect the Lord’s ministry here at Zion in the years ahead.
Mike Wold, President
Mike Karl, Treasurer